One day, after working in the garden Dad harvested a few Roma tomatoes. I've never wanted to eat tomatoes before, but I asked him he could make some tomato sauce that night. Since then, I love tomatoes. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
- 8 large tomatoes or 12 Romas tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 dices shallot
- 8 oz of organic tomato paste
- 1 pinch of Italian herbs
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the shallots and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes
- Cut the tomatoes in chunks and add to the pan
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes
- Blend the sauce using a blender or food processor
This recipe serves up to 6 people. Serve over pasta, spaghetti,, or with a ratatouille.